CRAMBA Board Meeting Minutes
The meeting was called to order at 7:40 PM. Present were:
- Rodney Gullet – president
- Roger Class
- Jeremy Kozak
- Drew Williams
- Alice Jacobs
- Kristen Barry
- Mike Fitzpatrick
- Jeremy Verbeke
Recording Secretary’s Report
No minutes were read.
- Tony McGee has resigned as recording secretary. This position needs to be filled to comply with non-profit status. Mike Fitzpatrick volunteered to be recording secretary
- The IMBA and the STC (Sustainable Trails Coalition) issued a joint statement declaring their cooperation to work together more productively than in the past. The intention is to encourage supporters of both organizations to pull together when opportunities arise.
- Jeff Buerman resigned as president of the MMBA. Steve Schnell is the new president. Tony McGee has resigned as VP. Nick Shue is CRAMBA’s new representative for MMBA
- Upcoming chapter events
- Stony Creek Master Planning Meeting is at 10:00 AM, Saturday, May 21. Please support
- Take a Kid MTB day. Saturday, June 11 at 10:00 AM River Bends
- Next Chapter meeting at River Bends on Tuesday, July 12 at 5:30 PM (rain-out day July 13). Jeremy Verbeke to reserve pavilion. Food?
- Trail Building 101. River Bends. Conducted by Nick Shue. Sunday, May 22, 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
- Massive Fallout. Rodney is calling all parks, will reserve shelters at Addison and Stony. He is working on marking, signage, and advertising. He has secured a use permit for Bald Mountain
- Pontiac Lake Recreation trail coordinator – maybe Zendra?
- Kristi poster “CRAMBA built and maintains…” on hold
- New bottles ordered. Alice suggested that the bottle say “Proud Supporter of CRAMBA” instead of just CRAMBA. This will be considered on the next order
- T-shirts for trail day volunteers. $500.00 was voted on and approved for 50 T-shirts of a bright color that include the CRAMBA letters
- Addison Oaks Race. First planning meeting on May 24th at the Shelby Firehouse. Planning is open to all. We are seeking a title corporate sponsor for $1000.00 and # plate sponsor for $500.00. Race is scheduled for September 11
- Membership. Current membership stands at 319 current and 33 recently lapsed. We signed up 7 new members at the Island Lake event. Andy from IMBA gave us Kudos! Mike Fitzpatrick suggested that we set up the CRAMBA tent at the trail head at Stony and solicit members. Jeremy Verbeke said we really don’t need permission from the park to do this.
- Kristen reported that we have $14,000 in the bank. Our 10 x 15 storage renewal is coming up at $550.00 per year – apparently a really good rate – so we’ll renew.
Next board meeting will be on June 23 instead of June 16 to avoid a conflict with Waterloo’s Grand Opening. It will be at the Fitzpatrick Pub.
Meeting adjourned about 8:30 PM.