CRAMBA Board Meeting Minutes
The meeting was called to order at 7:10PM.
Board members present were:
- Roger Class
- Jeremy Verbeke
- Drew Williams
- Alice Jacobs
- Kristen Barry
- Mike Fitzpatrick
- Nick Shue
- Marty Shue
Recording Secretary’s Report
Minutes of the 6-23-16 board meeting were read and approved with a spelling correction – Pete Kresmery.
- Massive Fallout Update
- Jeremy Verbeke suggested that this event, since it isn’t a full blown fund raiser, should be promoted as a simpler event – maybe just a group ride event
- Kristen Barry will be taking this over as the event manager
- Addison Oaks Race on 9-11-16
- No title sponsor yet
- Guinness Bikers will support this event with their membership
- Kristen will check if the CRAMBA website has changed the description of the trails at Stony Creek from beginner to intermediate.
- CRAMBA is not doing the fall, October 1st “Take a Kid Mountain Biking”
- The CRAMBA trailer is still at the Shelby Township site
- Kristen to check into the cost of a PO box at Utica – might be cheaper
- Jeremy Verbeke said the mechanized trail building at River Bends went well. The new trail could not have been duplicated by hand. It was 300.00 well spent.
- Bike Patrol
- Jeremy Verbeke reported that we have 5 new bike patrollers. They have been trained but still need CPR training and certifications.
- CPR training cost $40.00 per individual – training instructor/student ration ideally is 7:1
- CRAMBA now has 54 Bike Patrollers
- CRAMBA Jerseys
- CRAMBA jerseys are a chapter fund raiser
- Nick will finish the set up on the on-line store
- Cost of jersey has yet to be determined
- Need a “media-blast” posting on the front page of the CRAMBA website
- Chain Saw Safety Class
- Motor City bowed out
- Cramba and Poto are still in
- Consists of 2 one day classes
- Costs is $84.00 per – $50.00 from the chapter and $34.00 from the individual
- Mike Fitzpatrick pledged a $500.00 donation, ear-marked for this training, to CRAMBA to help defray costs
- Next Chapter Meeting
- October 11 at River Bends
- This is an election meeting that needs promotion as such
- Food should be ready to eat early enough to minimize interfering with the meeting
- The following suggestions to improve this meeting
- Have a written agenda
- Group ride starts at 5:30 PM
- Have a fixed starting time – decided on 7:30 PM (sunset at 6:56 PM)
- Jeremy Verbeke will provide lighting for the meeting
- Roger said he will bring a microphone/speaker/amplifier system to aid the chair’s communication
- GOT Clinic on July 24th
- Marty Shue reported that, despite the rain, almost everyone who signed up showed up – about 27 women
- Most riders were better prepared and had better equipment than in the past
- Most riders basic skill set was higher than in the past
- Marty concluded the GOT clinic is reaching its target audience
- The August 27th clinic has about 20 women already signed up
- Nick Shue Report
- Discussion took place about the future of the MMBA. Questions asked: Is the MMBA forum dead? Is the Website active?
- Our new Assistant Regional Director, Melisa is the executive director of the MMBA
- The Michigan Trails Advisory Council is meeting this Sunday in Bellaire Michigan and Nick is CRAMBA’ representative.
- Mountain Biking needs a slot on this advisory board
- Treasurer’s report
- Kristen Barry reported that we have $12,893.00 balance
Next board meeting will be on September 15 at the Firehouse at 7:00 PM (please note the new time).
Meeting adjourned about 9:02 PM.