September 2016 Board Meeting Minutes

CRAMBA Board Meeting Minutes

9-22-16

The meeting was called to order at 7:05 PM.

Board members present were:

  1. Roger Class
  2. Jeremy Verbeke
  3. Alice Jacobs
  4. Kristen Barry
  5. Mike Fitzpatrick
  6. Jeremy Kosak

Recording Secretary’s Report

Minutes of the 8-18-16 board meeting were read and approved as read.

Old Business

  • Massive Fallout, October 1, Update
    • Kristen Barry is the event manager
    • Waiver are printed and will be signed at registration
    • Maps are printed and will be available at registration
    • Kristen will pick up the shirts on September 30
    • Kristen will bring cash for change for shirt sales
    • Ride starts at 8:00 AM with a mass start at 10:00 AM
    • Mike Fitzpatrick will set up a card table for new membership solicitations
    • Scott Cervin and Steve Vignue will trim the Conklin Road connector
    • Pete, Drew and Kristen will handle the food
    • SAG is out – Kristen will remove from CRAMBA website description
    • Spray paint on ground will direct riders to correct pavilion
  • Addison Oaks Race Recap
    • Roger Class was event manager
    • Kristen reported that CRAMBA made $8000.00 – a new record
      • $1200 form Big Red title sponsor
      • $750.00 from food jar donations (food actually cost just under $1000.00)
    • 340 participants this year up about 15 from last year
    • Race had no rider injuries
    • Roger volunteered to head up next year’s race on September 10, 2017
  • Chapter Meeting, October 11 Update
    • Roger will bring a microphone/speaker system for the speaker
    • Jeremy V. will bring the grill
    • Kristy, Eric and Kristen will handle the food
    • Group ride to start at 5:30 PM
    • Food serving to start at 6:30 PM
    • Meeting to start at 7:30 PM
    • Kristen suggested that the speaker/chair stand in the middle
    • Jeremy Verbeke will bring plug in lights
    • Jeremy Verbeke will lead the meeting using a written agenda
    • Kristen will promote this meeting as an election meeting on CRAMBA’s website
    • Roger to send an email to the entire CRAMBA group to promote this Chapter meeting
  • Chain saw safety class is out for now. Mike Fitzpatrick said he prefers the CRAMBA keep his donation ear marked for a future chain saw certification class

 

 New Business 

  • Insurance
    • Kristen reported that officer insurance may be through the MMBA next year. This should offer a cost savings
  • Jeremy V. and Kristen proposed that we use Google Docs for all recurring tasks such as taxes, insurance, renewals, annual races, etc. Who will implement?
  • Jeremy said Nick Shue will report on CRAMBA jerseys when he returns
  • Our IMBA regional director, Andy, has been promoted within IMBA. A national search for a new RD is on the way. Melissa, as our ARD, is unaffected by this change
  • Kristen’s Treasurer’s report
    • Current balance is $24,512.00
      • We received, so far in 2016, $2800.00 in donations
      • End of 2014 we had $7,000.00
      • End of 2015 we had $19241.00
    • Kristen suggested a round table discussion on how best to spend this money
  • Our ARD, Melissa, wanted CRAMBA presence at the Iceman booth at the expo. Mike said he would call and find out the details of time and what is involved and will help out.

Next board meeting will be on October 20 at the Fitzpatrick Pub at 7:00 PM (please note the time).

Meeting adjourned at 8:30 PM.

 

This entry was posted in Board Meetings, Meeting minutes. Bookmark the permalink.