Happy New Year from CRAMBA to you and your family!
We hope you’ve had another great year of riding and having fun on the trails. 2018 was a great year for CRAMBA and we want to share with you some of the big things we accomplished together.
Thanks to our volunteers, donors, members, and hard work with partners we were able to:
- Keep our trails in great shape and ready for all to use.
- Build and install an information kiosk and bike repair stand at the Pontiac Lake trailhead.
- Reroute a chronically muddy section of trail at Pontiac Lake.
- Build a banked-curve, walled S-bridge at Clinton River Park Trailsover a perpetually muddy area.
- Add 150 yards of new trail at Clinton River Park Trails to avoid an old dump and make for a more fun climb/descent.
- Donate $3000 to support Shelden Trails Redevelopment at Stony Creek Metropark.
- Purchase a SnowDog tracksled for grooming snowy single track for fat biking.
- Open the first phase of the CK Canal Loop at River Bends featuring three beautiful, sustainable bridges over wet spots.
- Replace missing trail markers at Bloomer Park, and bring on new volunteer Co-Trail Coordinator Chris LaBaere.
- Raise $5855 at the Addison Oaks Fall Classic!
- Host the annual ¡Ay CRAMBA It’s Cold Out! winter fat bike party at River Bends Park.
- Host another episode of Massive Fallout, our annual autumn multi-trail ride spanning Stony Creek, Bald Mountain, Bear Creek, and Addison Oaks.
- Continue work with the Metroparks and Applied Trails Research on the Shelden Trails Redevelopment Project at Stony Creek Metropark, resulting in the concept design for new trails!
We’re looking forward to continuing our work in 2019, starting off with grooming trails for fat biking, hosting another ¡Ay CRAMBA It’s Cold Out! event, donating new signage to a number of the trail systems we support, continuing work on the Shelden Trails Redevelopment at Stony Creek, and doing our best to enhance mountain bike access to trail systems throughout Southeast Michigan!
Please join us for our next Chapter Membership Meeting happening next Tuesday, January 8th, at 7pm at CK Diggs in Rochester Hills!
Then, we hope to see you at ¡Ay CRAMBA It’s Cold Out! happening on Saturday, February 2nd, at noon at River Bends Park. Click here for more information.