CRAMBA’s May 2019 Board Meeting was held on Thursday, May 9, 2019 at 7pm at Steampunk in Utica.
Meeting was called to order with Brian McPherson, Wade Robbins, Steve Vigneau present for the CRAMBA Board. (Roger Class and Mike Reeves were excused absence.) Minutes recorded by Steve Vigneau.
Also present Jeremy Verbeke (National Mountain Bike Patrol, River Bends Trail Coordinator) and Michael Green (CRAMBA Member).
- Board discusses upcoming Howlin’ at the Moon fundraiser with the Metroparks supporting the Shelden Trails redevelopment. CRAMBA and the Bike Patrol will be leading the Beginner and Advanced group rides and supporting the 5K run.
- Brian McPherson represented CRAMBA at the Island Lake Demo. It was good exposure for us, and he handed out many fliers. Ended up selling one water bottle ($5) and taking in $2 in donations.
- CRAMBA has $30,576.90 currently. Pontiac Lake will likely be requesting funds to cover some bridge work, but the cost of this is not yet known.
National Mountain Bike Patrol Items:
- Jeremy Verbeke asks the CRAMBA board for a fixed amount per year that the Bike Patrol can spend without approval. These funds will mostly be used for purchase of consumables; a series of smaller expenses for which pre-approvals for each become complicated. Board approves $1000/year, passes unanimously by all members present (Brian McPherson, Wade Robbins, and Steve Vigneau).
- Bike Patrol will be conducting an Outdoor First Care class on Sunday, May 19th. CRAMBA will be covering cost of box lunches for trainees and instructors.
- CRAMBA will be hosting a CPR class on Saturday, May 18th, covering the $17/member cost for each Bike Patroler who attends.