Fall is the perfect time to get out on your bike (or put on your running shoes!). The trails are in great shape, the weather is starting to cool off, and the colors are starting to change.
CRAMBA really wanted to be able to put on the Addison Oaks race and Massive Fallout this year, but with everything that’s going on, we thought we would do something a bit different. Instead of it being a big one day event to ride between several trails, we’re challenging you to do these CRAMBA trails sometime during the Fall season:
- Addison Oaks County Park
- Bald Mountain: North Unit
- Bald Mountain: South Unit
- Bloomer Park
- Clinton River Park Trails
- Columbus County Park
- Holly Recreation Area: Holdridge
- Holly Recreation Area: Wilderness Trail
- Oakdale Trails
- Pontiac Lake Recreation Area
- River Bends Park
- Stony Creek Metropark
Feel free to ride/run the other area trails as well, but they aren’t necessary to complete this challenge. Entry to the challenge is free, but if you want a t-shirt and some CRAMBA swag for completing, you’ll have to sign up for them! It’s $20 to enter to be eligible for swag. Complete 9 of the 12 trails and you’ll get a CRAMBA water bottle and special event sticker sheet. Those who complete all 12 trails will get the above plus a t-shirt! Anyone that completes all of the extra credit trails as well will get a little something else too. You have until December 21st 5:01am to complete your rides or runs!
Register online at http://www.bikereg.com/cramba-fall-trail-challenge
We are trying to partner with the area Bike Shops for distribution of the event swag after the event, but have not heard back from many of them yet! The registration page will continue to be updated as we hear back.
- This is an unsupported event. Participation is at your own risk. If you have an emergency, call 911.
- Be sure to check the conditions of the trail before heading out so you don’t have to bail on the ride. Ride DIRT trails not MUD trails!
- Keep the size of your groups small.
- If you are sick or have symptoms of COVID-19 or the Flu, please hold off on riding.
- Follow all park rules. Park entry fees are not included in your registration.
- To get credit for a trail, your ride must be started and finished during the official time of Fall, between September 22nd 9:30am and December 21st 5:01am. Final submissions for the challenge will be accepted until the end of day on December 23rd.
- Either submit a link to your ride on a common ride platform (Ex: RidewithGPS, MapMyRide, Strava, etc.) or a picture of you on the trail at the park. The link to this spreadsheet is here. Make a copy to your own google account or download it and mail us a link/copy when you’re done!
- Have fun out there!
Once you have completed the challenge, please send a link to your spreadsheet to email@example.com. Thank you!