Did you know there are over 30 different mountain bike trails in the metro Detroit area?
The Clinton River Area Mountain Biking Association (CRAMBA), Motor City Mountain Biking Association (MCMBA), and the Potawatomi Mountain Biking Association (Poto MBA) are teaming up this year to present the 2nd Annual 2017 Michigan Tri-Chapter Trail Challenge! The challenge involves riding all of the Metro Detroit IMBA chapter trails at least once during the 2017 season.
What is the Tri-Chapter Trail Challenge?
• The Tri-Chapter Challenge: Complete a ride on all Metro Detroit IMBA trails (1 will be optional)
Count me in! How do I participate?
• Join or renew your local IMBA chapter membership (CRAMBA, MCMBA or Poto MBA)
• Not a member? Check out these websites:
o CRAMBA http://www.cramba.org/
o MCMBA http://site.mcmba.org/
o Poto MBA http://www.potomba.org/
• Register on BikeReg (https://www.BikeReg.com/
• Go ride your bike! Ride the trails between January 1st and November 5th. Save a trailhead bike-selfie picture, Strava activity or other record from each ride.
• To accommodate all skill levels, it is not required to ride the entire trail network. For example, blue loop at island lake, highland A loop, etc would all be acceptable.
• Submit your challenge summary by November 5th (Information will be emailed to you on how to track this, a template will be provided).
Challenge riders unite!
• Join the Facebook group 2017 Michigan Tri-Chapter Ultimate Trail Challenge, link up with other Challenge participants and share pictures of your adventures.
• Watch for group rides on the Tri-Chapter Challenge Facebook group and chapter Facebook groups. Join a ride that has been posted and meet other Challenge participants.
• Exercise your self-reliance and organize your own trail outing and invite others to join.
• Get creative and combine multiple trails for some excellent endurance training rides (shut up, legs!)
• Join us at multi-trail ride events for a great opportunity to ride unique routes and check many trails off your list:
o Milford Trail Challenge Bike Fest (MCMBA) – June 3, 2017
o Triple Trail Challenge (Poto MBA) – September 16, 2017
o Massive Fallout (CRAMBA) – September 30, 2017
This summer got busy, what if I can’t complete the whole thing?
• We will also recognize riders who complete all of the trails in their designated chapter. You won’t be eligible for a shirt, but you can still claim a seat at the end of year gathering.
Claim your Rewards!
• Stylish long-sleeve shirts are awarded for participants who complete the Tri-Chapter Challenge. (links to sizing at end of description)
• Join us for an exclusive post-season afterparty for participants who complete The Tri-Chapter Challenge or a Single Chapter Challenge (location and details to be announced later) with a chance for more swag!
Please contact Sarah Vano with any questions about the challenge (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Details: List of Trails
CRAMBA Chapter Challenge (14 trails – 1 optional)
• Addison Oaks County Park (Leonard)
• Bald Mountain Recreation Area (Lake Orion)
• Bloomer Park (Rochester Hills)
• Clinton River Park Trails (Sterling Heights)
• Holly-Holdridge Mountain Bike Trail (Holly)
• Holly High School (Holly)
• Orion Oaks County Park (Lake Orion)
• Ortonville Recreation Area (Ortonville)
• Pontiac Lake Recreation Area (Waterford)
• River Bends Park (Shelby Township)
• Ruby Campground (Avoca)
• Seven Lakes State Park (Holly)
• Stony Creek Metropark (Shelby Township)
• Optional – Stony Creek Trolley Trails and Skills Park (Shelby Township)
MCMBA Chapter Challenge (11 trails):
• Hickory Glen Park (Commerce Township)
• Highland Recreation Area (Highland Township)
• Hines Park (Plymouth Township)
• Island Lake Recreation Area (Brighton)
• Kensington to Proud Lake Connector (Milford Township)
• Lakeshore Park (Novi)
• Maybury State Park (Northville)
• Milford Trail (Milford)
• Munson Park (Monroe)
• Proud Lake Recreation Area (Commerce Township)
• Rouge Park (Detroit)
Potowatomi MBA Chapter Challenge (9 trails):
• Brighton Recreation Area (Brighton)
• DTE Energy Foundation Trail (Chelsea)
• Heritage Park (Adrian)
• Hewen’s Creek (Ypsilanti)
• Morton – Taylor (Canton)
• Olson Park (Ann Arbor)
• Potawatomi (Pinckney)
• Rolling Hills (Ypsilanti)
• Sharon Mills (Manchester)
******UPDATED TRACKING INFO******
Want to check your progress as you toil to complete the Tri-Chapter Ultimate Trail Challenge? Want to see how you stack up across the competition?
Then make sure to head over to the TCUTC Summary sheet to see how the field stacks up:
To submit a trail, click on the link in the top left corner that says “CLICK HERE TO LOG A TRAIL!”. Use this form to submit your progress as you ride; it’s mobile-friendly so that you can submit directly from the trailhead:
After you log a trail, you will see the status update on the summary sheet, provided two things are true: (1) you are registered for the challenge, and (2) you used the same email you used when you registered. A copy of your submission will head to your inbox for your records. Made a mistake when you hit “submit”? Put the wrong trail name down, or need to update the completion evidence? You can make edits to your submission using the email confirmation.
Don’t see your ride show up? Don’t worry, we will manually update the summary throughout the summer. If you don’t see your progress logged within a few days, send us a gentle note and we’ll look into it. Like you, we would rather be out riding our bikes than updating spreadsheets. . .
Of course, this isn’t a race. The challenge is to attempt all 33 trails listed across the 3 local chapters. But whoever finishes first will sure have bragging rights over the rest of us!
For more information about your local IMBA chapters, please visit the following sites: