CRAMBA’s February 2020 Board Meeting was held on Thursday, February 13th 2020 at 7pm at Steampunk in Utica.
Meeting was called to order with Brian McPherson. In attendance also Michael Green, John Knight, Marc Padin, Ken Markiewicz, Kevin Gorman, Josh McCreedy, Kelly McMillen, Bob Costello, Lisa Apone, and Carl Moody. Minutes recorded by Rebecca Padin.
- Stoney Creek: No bids had yet been placed on the project during 2nd round of bids
- Ay CRAMBA Winter Event: Weather for the weekend is forecasted to be too warm, will discuss the event at the General Membership meeting next week.
- eBikes: Class I pedal-assist bikes vs. Class II throttle-controlled bikes. CRAMBA is a trail advocacy group for mountain biking, and support the decision of the land managers on their stance on Class I eBikes. CRAMBA does not support the use of Class II bikes as they bring safety concerns for riders and other trail users, as well as the conditions of the trails themselves. Survey results indicate that clear communication is needed on where you CAN ride your eBike.
- Restructuring of Committees: Current committees (Events, Communication, Trail, and Membership) are largely inactive. Looking to rebrand these as Special Interest Groups, and will ask for volunteers at the General Membership meeting.
- Survey Results: Survey results are available on CRAMBA.org. Highlights of the findings include the need for more transparency on what we do and what we advocate, posting trail etiquette-related content online, membership desires for new features with ride-around options to prevent “dumbing-down” the trails, and trail days needing more structure and more advanced notice (advertise on more than just Facebook, and more than 48 hours in advance to allow people to plan their attendance).